Monday 24 March 2014

Stop People Bothering You At Work (from the archive)

I have replaced the door to my office with a large cat flap.  Now anyone who wants to bother me whilst I’m busy surfing the internet or sleeping has to crawl through on their hands and knees.  Hopefully it will discourage all but the most urgent and important enquiries.  

As a further precaution against unwanted visitors I have had a special lock fitted that I can control by pressing a button on my desk.  Yesterday I locked the Chief Executive out, the company Nurse in, and the Sales Director halfway through.  She was in agony.  It was hilarious.  I must remember to bring my video camera in tomorrow. 

I have also unplugged the phone and set up Outlook to send an automated reply to all incoming emails before deleting them from my computer.  It says:

This is obviously really important, meet me under The Bridge at 3 pm.  Make sure you’re not followed.  If I don’t make it you know what to do.  Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment